1. Dave Matthews Band at Nissan Pavilion on June 28th.
A great band reinvigorated by touring with longtime collaborator Tim Reynolds, and what would be LeRoi Moore’s last show. RIP LeRoi, you’ll be missed.
2. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss at Merriweather Post Pavilion on June 13th.
She’s got it, and he still has it. Together, they’re otherworldly, and not seeing the Zep reunion doesn’t sting as fierce.
3. Ben Arthur with Mike Clem at the Betti House Concert on May 31st.
An intimate show with great songs and witty banter.
4. Great Big Sea and Eddie From Ohio at Wolf Trap on August 22nd.
Two great bands giving it their all.
5. Dar Williams at the Birchmere on November 8th.
With a new band in a celebratory mood and songs off a great new album.
6. Extreme at Rams Head Live on August 2nd.
Back together and not taking prisoners.
7. Jukebox The Ghost at Fort Reno on August 11th.
Part of it was the vibe of the legendary venue and the pizza we brought, but they’re a fun band.
8. Anthony Da Costa, Abbie Gardner, Amy Speace, Eric Lee and Radoslav Lorkovic during the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival at the Budgie Dome on July 25th.
Playing for free and a small audience late at night, they were great.
9. Rush at the Comcast Center on June 15th.
They mixed it up a little for the second leg of the tour, always a great show.
10. Gary Louris at the State Theatre on April 3rd.
New songs and Jayhawks classics meant a good night.