Is the weekend over already?

Friday = relaxing. We hung out, made pizza, and watched “Daredevil”. Not a horrible movie, but not that great. Colin Farrell and Jennifer Garner made it worth watching.

Saturday I had to get up early. I’m on the HOA board, and one of the least enjoyable things is our annual architectural review, where we go around to all 190 townhouses and write up what’s wrong with them. We had 8 people show, so we divided up into 2 person teams – my group of houses took about 2 hours. Afterwards, looking at our house, I decided we were going to be dinged for the rust spots on the fencing in front, so after I made myself some eggs benedict, got to painting. It took about an hour and a half, and I had just enough time to make it to Bethesda for my myo appointment. Afterwards, Jill and I had a hamburger and a hot dog each before I headed to my bachelor party and she to her bachelorette party (yes, same couple).

It was billed as an “un” bachelor party, and it was pretty tame. Dave was on antibiotics and couldn’t drink, and Scott was tired from helping his boss move earlier in the day, so I was the only one to consume alcohol. We hung around and talked, went to Fuddrucker’s (where I had another burger) and talked, then went back to Scott’s until he started to babble incoherently, the traditional sign of a successful bachelor party. I was home by midnight; Jill didn’t make it home until 6:30AM, but that’s a story you’ll have to ask her about. 🙂

Sunday we slept in; I slept until noon, Jill got up around 1:30. I didn’t plan on not taking a shower, but that’s how it worked out. I stretched and went rollerblading, then made some eggs. I decided since it was cooler, it’d be a good day to go in the attic and check out the roof problems. Getting to the affected area was a real bitch, crawling over the eaves and insulation between them. And I had to do it twice, to come back with equipment the second time because it was too tight a squeeze to get closer than about 5 feet to the area. I used some extendable walking sticks to test the area and determine the roof had one panel bowing, but it wasn’t in danger of disintegrating. I left the sticks under the panel as a partial support, but I don’t think I’m going to replace the roof right now.

Since I had the ladder out, I replaced some hard to get to lights, then took it out on the deck to touch up the trim. By the time I was done, Jill was back from a chorale fundraiser, and she started cleaning the bathrooms, which was next on my list, so I swept and mopped the front hallway and kitchen. By the time I was done, it was 6PM – time to start cooking the corned beef for dinner. We were both done by 6:30, so we collapsed on the couch and read until 8. I watched the Simpsons in the kitchen, while I deboned the chicken for tonight’s dinner, made patties out of ground beef and turkey, and finally made reubens just in time for “Alias”. I watched “Deadwood” as well, then finished the paper and shipped some packages. I made it to bed by 1, pretty tired although I’d only been up 13 hours.