After a month in quarantine I decided if I can’t go out to see live music, I’m going to start listening to my collection. A concert a day from this week in the past.
- 4/20 Concert flashback #1: Earth Day 1995
- 4/21 Concert flashback #2: Earth Day 2000. Carole King was joined by David Crosby and James Taylor for “You’ve Got A Friend”, but the most WTF moment was Clint Black covering Monty Python’s “Galaxy Song”.
- 4/22 Concert flashback #3: Earth Day 2008. Umphrey’s McGee brought the crowds, but Warren Haynes was the highlight for me with some choice covers, worth braving the rain.
- 4/23 Concert flashback #4: Earth Day 2010. Probably the most star studded of the 4 I’ve been to, as Passion Pit and Jimmy Cliff opened, then The Roots took over and did a set, then brought out guest stars (including Mavis Staples, Booker T. Jones & Bob Weir), and a set with John Legend before backing up Sting.
- 4/24 Concert flashback #5: Alan Doyle and Fortunate Ones at The Hamilton in 2018.
- 4/27 Concert flashback #6: Extreme at M3 Rock Festival 2014. Bonus flashback later: The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert.
- 4/28 Concert flashback #7: Hootie & the Blowfish at Reston Town Center 2003 for the Jack Diamond Morning Show. Bonus flashback later: VH1 Honors April 1996.
- 4/29 Concert flashback #8: Rush at US Air Arena for the Counterparts tour 2004. And “Winken, Blinken, Nod” is a great name for a bootleg. And as a bonus, my only published review of a Rush concert.
- 4/30 Concert flashback #9: Steven Wilson at the 9:30 Club 2 years ago. Bonus content: Porcupine Tree at House of Blues Orlando 10 years ago.