Someone had a case of the Mondays yesterday. I got up around 8:30 to check if there were still critters in the attic. There were, so I called the trapper. He could be there within the hour, so I showered and waited for him. We went up in the attic, saw movement but they were too far down (dang vaulted ceilings). Then I saw what was wrong with the attic for myself, because it was the first time I’d been up there in daylight – the entire roof vent was gone, whcih meant there was a lot of sun coming in. He left traps up in the attic and left, and I went downstairs to eat breakfast – only to read about heavy thunderstorms on their way later in the day. I didn’t have time to deal with it then, went to work (not realizing I was still wearing the crappy sneakers I’d worn in the attic).

I’d planned on listening to the new DMB songs in my car, but forgot my adapter. And the packages I had to mail from my eBay auction. Of course things were crazy at work with a lot of changes on my project, and I still had to get calls in to roofers. I had a couple of leads, and eventually found someone to come out and put something on the roof that day and come out later in the week and give me an estimate for replacement – something we were planning on doing this year anyway, but may as well get it done now.

The worst part of the day was yet to come. Boston radio station WAAF, sponsors of next week’s Extreme show, were giving away front row tix to the show, just had to be the 107th caller when they played an Extreme song after 5. So at 5 I started listening to the audio webcast, and called in when the song came on. Yes, I was caller number… 104.

A long day, and I felt like rewarding myself later, so Jill made pasta and I watched Serenity for the first time, finally (damn you, Joss Whedon).

This morning started better. Got up at 8 to meet the trapper, and one of the kids was in a trap. The other wouldn’t come out, so he brought the one down (Illa was very curious about the trap, but we didn’t let him get close). I heard noises and went back up afterwards to see the last one crawling around, but he wouldn’t come near me (I was thinking about grabbing him and forcing him in a trap). I remembered to bring my adapter and the packages, as well as a lunch. Work was not quite as crazy, plus I worked only 8 hours today, though tomorrow looks rough.

Of course when I got home there was no phone service. Took me 15 minutes of checking things out and another 15 minutes on the phone with Verizon before I realized my old speakerphone in the office had managed to turn itself on. D’oh!